Skip to main content

Finding my place in life

Meeting the love of my life the day I lost Toro was an incredible thing in both ways. I completely believe everything happens for a reason and that day that was so true. I always tell Jack that he was the shining light that found me on my darkest day. 

I went to the pub after saying my goodbyes with a couple of friends because I didn’t want to go home and be alone. It was late May bank holiday and we were sitting on a bench outside. This scruffy guy came up and said excuse me I thought he was going to ask for a lighter or something but he asked for my number. 

This has never happened to me in my life before! I was a little unsure but hesitantly gave him my number. Then when I asked him his name and he said Jack that was the first coincidence. The day after was the 8th anniversary of my old boyfriend Jacks death so that was a sign. 

Since then another coincidence in our relationship was that morning before I said goodbye to Toro I went on a hack in Windsor great park. Jack proposed to me under the copper horse in the great park not knowing this until I told him afterwards. 

I truly do believe he is my soulmate because of all these coincidences we have in our lives. We often think something and the other then says it and tested this theory by guessing correctly way too many times how many fingers the other is holding up behind their back!!

On our third date he bought me a flatscreen tv so that we could watch the new series of black mirror. He pretty much moved in to my hell hole of a house share after that and by the end of July we were living in our own 2 bedroom house and by the end of August we had a kitten. 

It is incredible to look back to where I was 12 months ago and all that I have now. When I have bouts of depression I really try to focus on the gratitude I have for the universe for finally letting me have my happy ever after and living the life I have craved for so long. 

I love having someone to cook for and look after in life and boy does he need looking after. In 8 months I have managed to save his life, get him eating vegetables and living healthier and we both feel so much more settled. A year to the day that we met we will get married 27.05.20. So no longer is that a day of sadness for saying goodbye to toro but it will be a special day. I have a locket with his tail hair plaited in it and it will be attached to my wedding dress or flowers on the day so he is with me. 

Here ends another rambling of my life as a self confessed ‘crazy’ person. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regrets

I have always loved love and dream of the fairy tale happily ever after, quite possibly watched one too many Jennifer Aniston movies! So when a guy came along to seemingly promise me everything I wanted I was so blinded by love I didn’t see the warning signs. And it ended up taking me to the darkest place I have ever been in my life.   I met Mark on a night out with a guy I was dating. We met in the smoking area (So romantic!!) and were talking about football as we were all football fans. He was on a night out with his mate as well and we ended up sitting drinking together for the rest of the evening. From then on we were inseparable. He had a girlfriend who was lovely and so we were a foursome.  However on a night out the guy I was dating turned creepy after one too many drinks and I ended up leaving him there and mark having to take me to collect my stuff from the guys house the next day. So we became a group of three: me, Mark and his girlfriend.  Now I know I shouldn’

Learning about Love and Loss

My first long term relationship was when I was 21 with a wonderful person I met down the pub called Jack. Our first meeting always makes me smile to remember. I went down the pub this particular Saturday night for Karaoke which I loved to do and have quite a good voice even if I do say so myself! I remember it was just after Katie Price and Peter Andre has split up and I was sporting a disastrous fashion choice of a ‘TEAM PRICE’ diamanté top.  I was waiting at the bar and he tapped me on the shoulder thinking I was someone else. Clearly had had a few beers! Then I went to do my song ‘I love rock n roll’ by Joan Jet and my karaoke anthem still do this day. Jack clearly liked what he heard as he came and sat on an seat right in front of me with his mouth open staring at me the whole time which did not make it easy to concentrate and sing! From there we swapped numbers and were pretty much inseparable after that. Our first date was the following weekend and we went to see ‘Twilight N

PTSD isn’t just for soldiers...

I managed to get back into my old house share and was back to my pre-mark life. That night though it all caught up with me. I was lying in bed feeling like the darkness was pressing in on me. I was miserable and had that sick feeling in my stomach that you get when you hate your life.  I remember thinking I had enough of feeling like this and I wanted it to stop. I sat down the side of my bed on the floor crying my eyes out with a packet of paracetamol and a packet of ibuprofen and just sat and cried. Something inside of me came to my senses and I ended up ringing Samaritans and talking to them until I calmed down.  That is the lowest I have ever felt in my life and it hit me from no where. I have since learned that PTSD can happen a significant time after a trauma as the body’s response when it struggles to process events that have happened. I hope to never get to that point in my life again. I don’t think I have it in me to go through with anything anyway but I don’t want to